Billiards refers to a family of games played on a table. The pool game is one of the many sports played on a table. And like in all games, maintaining your pool table is essential. A table brush is essential in your pool game.
The best pool table brush helps in maintaining the pool table felt. Our choice of the best pool table brush is the Outlaw pool table brush. It is made of genuine horsehair and has a suitable bristle to always clean your pool table. You won’t also have bristles leftover from your cleanup. Horsehair pool table brushes are generally regarded as the best.
But, nylon pool table brushes also work well if they are not too hard or too soft. But, how do you know you are making the right choice when you choose that horsehair or nylon pool table brush. What makes one different from the other, and how can you choose the best?
Best Pool Table Brush
The best pool table brushes are made from horsehair. Horsehair pool table brushes are better than nylon pool table brushes because they don’t damage the felt on the table.
Horsehair is a natural material that won’t scratch or tear the felt like nylon can. If you’re looking for a quality brush to clean your pool table, then be sure to get a horsehair one.
The pool table brush is used to remove defacing substances, especially powder, dust, and chalk. The surface is kept clean by frequent brushing, which impacts the game in speed and the less bumpy nature of the rolling ball. It can also help with the bed, which is best when smooth.
The best approach to keeping the pool table clean would be to use specifically designed pool brushes with soft but long bristles. Highly recommended pool table brushes are horsehair pool table brushes. However, we have chosen three brushes that you will love.
Best Horsehair Pool Table Brush
Keep your pool table felt clean and free of chalk with this horsehair brush. This brush is made of 100% genuine horsehair, making it durable and long-lasting.
The bristles are soft enough to not damage your felt, yet firm enough to get the job done.
The 10.5-inch size ensures that you can reach all areas of your table. Plus, the wooden handle is comfortable to grip. This brush is a must-have for any pool player.
- GENUINE HORSEHAIR: Constructed with genuine soft horse hair bristles and designed to pick up debris without harming the game tables bed surface
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Easy to maneuver long lasting wooden handle ensures your billiards brush is comfortable to use
- EFFORTLESS CLEANING: Dual length size black bristles provide enhanced quick clean flexibility and effectiveness
- ELEGANT FINISH: Durable multi step furniture grade walnut finish will add a classic touch to your existing accessory kit
- TABLE LONGEVITY: Regular maintenance of your felt surface will increase the play and longevity of your cloth by safely removing dust and cue chalk
Best Nylon Pool Table Brush
This nylon pool brush is one of the best on the market. Its gentle nylon bristles are perfect for cleaning your pool table without damaging the surface. The small brush is perfect for getting into those hard-to-reach corners, and the cue shaft slicker is great for keeping your cue shaft clean and free of dirt and oil.
The nylon pool brush is 9 inches long and has a comfortable wooden handle. Perfectly designed to reach every corner of your pool table.
- Package include:1pcs 9''L billiard rail brush,1pcs 8.25'' L billiards table corner cleaning brush,1pcs 3.25''L billiard cue shaft slicker cloth / snooker cue shaft cleaner
- The cleaning set keeps dust and dirt off your billiard pool table and rails
- The dual length nylon bristles can clean hard to reach place,like the table bed and underneath the rails
- Gentle nylon bristles won't pill the billiard's surface,you can use them as other home cleaning tools,there is a small hole in the smaller brush handle for easy hook storage
- Billiard cue cloth slicker removes dirt and oil from your pool cue shaft ,prevents chalk from penetrating the wood and burnish, close the pores of the wood so it stays smoother longer.
Best Cheap Pool Table Brush
Are you looking for a cheap pool table brush set that won’t break the bank? Look no further than the EUROSCRUBBY 9″ Wooden Billiards Pool Table and Rail Brush Set with Cue Shaft Cloth Slicker Cleaner.
This complete set includes a billiard rail brush, billiards table brush, and cue shaft cleaner, everything you need to keep your pool table clean and dust-free.
The brushes in this set are made with high-quality nylon bristles which are gentle and smooth, ensuring that they won’t scratch the surface of your billiards pool table. The cue shaft cleaner is also designed to keep your shaft clean and smooth, as well as to ensure a consistent stroke.
- A Complete Set - Our package includes billiard rail brush, billiards table brush and cue shaft cleaner.
- Cue Shaft Cleaner - The Cue Shaft Cleaner is designed to keep your shaft clean and smooth as well as ensure a consistent stroke.
- Easy Storage - There is a pre punching hole in the handle of each brush for convenient storage. You can hang them on hooks.
- Nylon Bristles - Our Brushes use high quality nylon bristles which is gentle, smooth and will not scratch the surface of your billiards pool table.
- Useful Brushes - Our billiards pool table and rail cleaning set can keep dust and dirt away from your billiard pool table and rails. You can clean every corner of Billiards Pool Table easily.
Why is Pool Table Brush Shaped?
The shape of a pool table brush is quite different from other brushes that you regularly use in your home cleaning. You might have wondered why you can’t just use that good brush you bought to clean your pool table felt.
Why are pool table brush shaped? Pool table brushes are specifically shaped to enable flexibility in cleaning pool tables, cushions, or rails. A random brush would not meet the required design for dexterity, especially when deep-lying areas need to be cleaned. The unique shape makes it easy to clean the various parts of the pool table and carry.
Most brush designs are long bristles at both ends, which aids cleaning of the edges with shorter middle bristles which allow for easy brushing of the bumper railings of the table. The entire design suffices for the general brushing of the table surface.
Horsehair Pool Table Brush vs. Nylon Pool Table Brush
It is not unusual to have some level of confusion over the difference between nylon Pool Brush and horsehair pool table brush; the first disparity is in prices.
Horsehair pool table brushes are made from natural horsehair and are less hard than nylon pool table brush hairs. It is best for smooth and seamless surfaces. However, nylon brushes are perfect for uneven surfaces.
Besides the pocket-friendly price, nylon pool table brush can be used for different surfaces. So, two things to consider when choosing between these brushes are your budget and your kind of pool table.
If you have a hard pool table, you would be okay with a nylon brush. You might want to splurge for a horsehair pool table brush if you have a smooth pool table feel.
How Often Should You Brush Your Pool Table?
The most recommended way of cleaning your pool table is by brushing. It helps to remove the majority, if not all, of the material on the pool table. The type of brush used, as mentioned earlier, can be either nylon or horsehair bristle.
The brush should be about nine to twelve inches long. Larger brushes are recommended for larger tables because they cover more area and do a faster job.
The amount of force applied to the brush should also be regulated to prevent the cloth from overstretching. Use only as much pressure as required for all the bristles to contact the cloth, no more, no less.
It is best that a table’s cloth should be brushed as often as after every ten hours of play, or at least once a week. If the table is left uncovered, it is advisable to brush it more frequently as it is prone to getting unclean faster.
It is also advisable to brush after every section to prolong the pool table life. It keeps chalk from settling on the fabric and damaging it. It would be best to leave your table covered after games to protect it from dust and other things.
Vigorous brushing can also stretch and ruin the fabric. It is, therefore, advisable to gently brush the fabric. Always start with the railings when brushing your table to stop dust and chalk from falling back into a table that is already clean.
Also, if you’d like some tips on the best and most lasting fabrics for your table, I wrote an article “Best Pool Table Felt“. Be sure to check it out.